RTV-2 Silicon application:
RTV-2 Silicon for molding making is primarily intended for poly resin crafts, PU crafts, PU resin crafts, gypsum crafts, unsaturated resin crafts, lighting and candles crafts, plastic toy, stationery gifts crafts industry, a large statue Buddha, relievo furniture, furniture decorative materials, statues Buddha, artifacts copied, building decoration materials, large-scale cement mold, artificial fossils Factory, Europe component factory, simulation landscapes, animals and plants sculpture, sandstone crafts and so on.
Typical model of RTV-2 Silicon
HY-638# RTV-2 Silicon with the advantages of good tensile strength, high tear strength, high temperature resistance, high duplication times and repeated use, etc. It is suitable for small products or fine and precision products which is difficult to demould. This silicone rubber is one of the products with the highest use level in the production of craftwork gifts and the shrinkage is up to 2.
Standard Datasheet of RTV-2 Silicon:
Model Appearance Viscosity (CS) Hardness (Ao) Tensile Strength (kgf/c)
Tear Strength (kgf/)
Elongation (%) Mixing ratio(%) Operating Time(H) Curing Time(H)
638 White 14000~16000 25~28 ≥ 35 ≥ 25 ≥ 500 2~3 0.5 2~4
Operation Instruction for RTV-2 Silicon:
RTV-2 Silicon is white or red flowing liquid with general hardness of 22-50A° After curing.
If the customer wants to make large products and large size molds, the mold should be made of silicone rubber with high hardness. On the contrary, if the mold with fine and precision patterns, it should be made of silicon with low hardness. The amount of the curing agent depends on the actual requirements of the customer.
If molds requiring fast drying and demould, more curing agent is needed; Contrarily, if molds requiring slower drying and demould, less curing agent is needed.
(Warm tips: Our company does not recommend you to add silicone oil. If a special soft silicon mold or fine detailed and complex patterns products are required, 5%-10% silicone oil can be added to soften the mold for easy demould. )
The proportions and reactions of the curing agent and RTV-2 Silicon are listed as follows:
1. Adding curing agent 1%, the silicone can still be operated within 2.5 hours and can be demoulded after 6-8 hours.
2. Adding curing agent 2%, the silicone can still be operated within 50 minutes to 1 hour and can be demoulded after 2-3 hours.
3. Adding curing agent 3%, the silicone can still be operated within 28 - 30 minutes and can be demoulded after 1.5-2 hours.
4. Adding curing agent 4%, the silicone can still be operated within 10 - 15 minutes and can be demoulded after 1 -1.5 hours.
Features of RTV-2 Silicon:
(1) Silicon rubber for pad printing with SGS and RoHS approval
(2) Curing agent arrange together as free charged
(3) In liquid form and in various colors
(4) With an exceptional fluidity and good operability.
(5)Temperature and deformation resistance as well as low shrinkage.
(6) High duplication times.
(7) Sample orders are available